Strengthening Families Conference
Saturday, May 16, 2015
9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Long Beach City College – Bldg. E
4901 Carson St., Long Beach, CA 90808
Keynote Speakers: Dr. Sandra Murray, Medical Director
Child Abuse and Protection Team, Long Beach Miller Children’s Hospital
Dr. Elisa Nicholas, CEO
The Children’s Clinic
* Identifying child abuse and neglect and its impact
* Trauma-Informed Care: Effective interventions in the prevention and treatment of
toxic stress and trauma
* Building the social and emotional competence of children
* Enhancing father engagement
* Preventing child maltreatment
* SBCC Prevention and Aftercare SPA Wide Child Abuse Initiative
*Cost is free *Coffee/Pastries/Lunch by Corner Bakery Café provided *CECs available
This flyer will serve as the LBCC Parking Permit; please display on your dashboard.
Who Should Attend: Helping professionals, parents, caregivers, relative caregivers, foster
parents, medical professionals, teachers, childcare providers, law enforcement, clergy.
Register by Monday, May 11th, 2015 via:
Phone: (714) 517-1900 ext. 217
797 total views, 1 views today